ECAMS is committed to protecting your personal information and being clear and transparent about what information we collect and how we will use it. This policy explains how any personal information we collect when you use our website or digital services or platforms, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This policy applies to your use of https://www.ecamedicine.com Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
- Who we are and how we can be contacted
- Other policies you should read
- Information we may collect from you
- Marketing information
- Information we may collect about you from other places
- Where we store your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- International transfers of personal data
- How long will personal information be kept by us
- Your rights under data protection legislation
- In an event of sales, merger or bankruptcy
- What you can do if you’re not happy with how we use you information
- About data security
1.Who we are
Our website address is: https://ecamedicine.com.
Our company name is Experience Medical Limited t/a (“European College of Aesthetic Medicine & Surgery”) and when you use our website and our services directly we act as a Data Controller.
If you need to contact us you have a number of options, you can:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- send us a letter addressed to our registered office, 3 Brighton Place, Foxrock, Dublin 18, D18W6Y5
2. Other policies you should read
a. Terms and conditions
a. Terms and conditions
3. Information we may collect from you
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
4. Marketing information
When you sign up to receive any of our newsletters or marketing communications we will use the information you provide us, usually just your name and email address, to enable us to send you our newsletters, promotions and other communications you’ve requested. We will process your personal information for email marketing purposes based on your consent.
We will generally send you marketing communications until you choose to unsubscribe from receiving them. However, if we have not heard from you for a while or notice that you have not opened our emails in a period of 36 months, we will remove your details from our database. There’s nothing stopping you from subscribing again at any time.
From time to time we may also use your Usage and Device Data to make online suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you. This is necessary for the legitimate interest of our business in developing our products and services and growing our business.
5. Information we may collect about you from other place
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
To enable us to provide you with our services, we may receive personal information about you from other sources, including:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other products or services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, technical service providers, payment services, analytics providers, such as Google Analytics and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website, products and services.
- Information from our web servers’ logs, for example information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may also collect information on the searches you carry out on our website and your interaction with communications we send you, for example, when you open email communications. (“Usage and Device Data”). This information is used by us for system administration and to analyse how people are using our websites and platforms. It also helps us to provide the best infrastructure for your online experience. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website, products and services.
- Our website may enable you to share your experience and connect with us through third party social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. We may collect this information from our social media sites, including likes, shares and follows, and about the content on social networking sites. We do not control the privacy of the information you provide on social media networks and the privacy policies of those social media networks will apply when using their services.
6. Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers hosted by the Siteground.
While we are committed to keeping your personal information secure, the transmission of information online via the internet is not completely secure. We, together with our service providers, will do our best to protect your personal information but information provided is at your sole risk.
7. Sharing your personal information
We only share your personal information with people who have a need to know such information to perform their responsibilities. We may share your personal information with the following:
- Within the ECAMS group – we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, and its subsidiaries to the extent necessary for the same purposes of the initial processing set out in this policy.
- Service Providers – ECAMS may share your personal information with select service providers that ECAMS may use to process your request or provide its services to you. These service providers act as data processors on our behalf and provide IT and system administration services, such as hosting and email services and managing the ratings and reviews.
These service providers are legally obligated to keep the personal information they may have received confidential and secure and to use your personal information the basis of our instructions only.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or transfer any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective purchaser or recipient of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the ECAMS group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to manage risks and legal disputes and obtaining professional legal advice. This disclosure will be on a confidential basis and only to our professional advisors who are under a duty of confidentiality.
8. International transfers of personal data
ECAMS is an international company with databases in the various countries in which it operates. ECAMS may transfer your personal information within the company to one of its databases or to its external partners located outside of your home country.
As levels of data protection vary worldwide, we do not transmit your personal information to ECAMS companies or to third-party companies outside of the European Union unless these companies offer the same or similar level of personal data protection as ECAMS.
For transfers within ECAMS the company has adopted internal rules governing the transfer of personal information from the European Union or European Economic Area. A copy of these rule are available on written request.
Whenever there is a transfer of personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to that personal information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission;
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe; or
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
In relation to web hosting provided by Siteground, information can, in some cases, be transferred outside of the EEA by the companies of the Siteground in relation to support operations that will be made from Canada (a country with a sufficient level of protection), Vietnam and Mauritius. These transfers are governed by the Siteground’s Binding Corporate Rules.
9. How long will personal information be kept by us
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
10. Your rights under data protection legislation
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data protection legislation provides you with certain rights when it comes to the processing of your information. These are the right to:
a. be informed
b. access your information
c. correct your information
d. delete your information
e. restrict processing
f. transfer information
g. object to processing
a. The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we collect and process your personal information, including who we are, how we use your personal information and your rights in relation to your personal information. We have gathered all the information you need in this privacy notice.
b. The right to access your information
You have the right to access the personal information we have on you. We can confirm whether or not your information is being processed and provide you with access to your personal information.
c. The right to correct your information
d. The right to delete your information
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal. There are limited circumstances in which you can request deletion of you information, these include, where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected or processed it and where you have withdrawn your consent to the processing by us. If you would like further information on your right to deletion, please just ask.
e. The right to restrict processing
In some circumstances, you also have the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal information. If you request us to suppress your personal information, we will suspend any further processing of it.
f. The right to transfer information
If you want to move or transfer your personal information to a different service provider, you have the right to have your information transferred to another person.
g. The right to object
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
11. In an event of sales, merger or bankruptcy
In the event that ECAMS is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
12. What you can do if you’re not happy with how we use you information
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. However, if you’re not happy with how we collect or process your information or just want some further information on your rights, you can contact us in the following ways:
- email us at email@example.com;
- send us a letter addressed to the ECAMS Data Protection, European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, 3 Brighton Place, Foxrock, Dublin 18, D18W6Y5.
We will work with you to resolve any issues you may have and aim to answer any question raised by you as soon as possible.
13. About data security
ECAMS has implemented measures to protect the privacy, security and integrity of your personal data. Access to personal data is restricted to those employees and service providers who need to know this information and who have been trained to comply with rules on confidentiality.
On ECAMS’s sites, banking information will be collected for the purposes of effective, legal secure payment processes. These measures may consist of SSL encryption (intended to make the data unreadable to others) during the collection or transfer of confidential data. Said information will be used only for purposes of online payment or subscription payment.
ECAMS ensures that your personal data are not altered, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
We may change our policy from time to time. Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.